Measuring the performance of your website is really important and because a calculator can be an integral part of your website, tracking calculator events is important too.
Out of the box, four different types of events are tracked internally. It is also possible to automatically send these tracked events to the following analytics tools:
- Google analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Facebook Pixel
In order to enable external event tracking, navigate to settings in the calculator editor and toggle the option "Track external events" on. We distinguish the following event types:
- startSession: This event is triggered when the calculator is loaded
- stopSession: This event is triggered when the calculator get's removed from the page
- interaction: This event is triggered when a user interacts with a calculator (e.g. slides a slider or inputs a number)
- visibilityChange: This event is triggered when the calculator scroll in and out ot view
- submit: This event is triggered when a calculator form gets submitted
- checkout: This event is triggered when a calculator form gets submitted with a checkout
- redirect: This event is triggered when a link button in clicked on the calculator
If you've installed a tracker of one of the above analytics tools, these events are tracked automatically. They will show up in your analytics software once the calculator gets used by your visitors. So if you want to capture events on Google Analytics, you need to make sure the tracker is installed on your website.